Hot Topic is known amongst artist groups as one of the worst offenders of art theft in U.S. retailers. I know artists are important to What Pumpkin, and I’d imagine multiple cases of art theft would be a very big deal. The most well-known of the cases were stolen fan art from independent artists, which is the same demographic the Design Contest was aimed to. I’m an artist myself and I wouldn’t want to support a store that steals from my peers.
The people running Hot Topic have zero respect to artists and to copyright law. They’ve been ripping-off independent artists’ storefronts, and continue do so. The whole company really should have been shut down long ago.
If you support artists, independent, fan artist, or any kind, you should oppose Hot Topic and MSPA’s association with them!
Tell What Pumpkin to kick Hot Topic out of the Design contest RIGHT NOW.
We have so little time left to stop this please tell them that it is completely unacceptable to do any sort of business with petty art thieves.
Even if you don’t know what to say, or if you think it would compromise the contestants; It won’t. Just please voice your thoughts in anyway you can put them. Don’t let Hot Topic get a dime out of Homestuck.
Yea, I don’t give a shit about Homestuck
but this ain’t right
If you loved:
Maybe you should try one of these!
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Matched by Ally Condie
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Feed by M. T. Anderson
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Gone by Michael Grant
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- The City of Ember by Jeannie DuPrau
- For the Win by Cory Doctorow
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- Heir Apparent by Vivan Vande Velde
- V for Vendetta by Alan Moore
- Attack on Titan by Hajime Isayama
- X-Men: Days of Future Past by Chris Claremont and John Byrne
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Magaret Atwood
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Photo reblogged from with 284,443 notes
i feel like a brisk walk to the destination would have been just as effective
US $10 for 24 hours only
i am concerned about the person who wrote this episode
Springfield has been overrun by a strange and almost certainly evil sect, calling themselves the Movementarians. In exchange for your home and all your money, the Leader of this way out and.. wrong religion, claims he’ll take believers away on his spaceship to the planet “Blisstonia”. Excuse my editorial laugh. [laughs] But —
Ladies and gentlemen, I just learned of a change in this station’s management! Welcome, Movementarians! Continue to improve our lives! I love you, perfect Leader.. and new CEO of KBBL broadcasting!
Page 1 of 268